EARLY CHILDHOOD CURRICULUM
The most important goal of our early childhood curriculum is to help children become enthusiastic learners. This means encouraging children to be active and creative explorers who are not afraid to try out their ideas and to think their own thoughts.
Our goal is to help children become independent, self-confident, inquisitive learners. We're teaching them how to learn—not just in preschool, but all through their lives. We're allowing them to learn at their own pace and in the ways that are best for them. We're giving them good habits and attitudes, particularly a positive sense of themselves, which will make a difference throughout their lives.
PROGRAM AGES AND OPTIONS
• Pre-K (ages 4 and 5)
• Before- and after-school care
• Summer camp
Our curriculum identifies goals in all areas of development.
• Getting along in Groups
• Learning responsible behavior (such as sharing)
• Expressing feeling appropriately
• Respecting others
• Promoting positive self image & self-confidence
• Fostering cooperation
• Developing independence, initiative and trust
• Experiencing art, music, drama and dance
• Developing independence and self-control
• Providing experiences with math and science
• Promoting curiosity about the world by encouraging
observation, exploration and experimentation
• Building reading and writing skills
• Fostering imagination and creativity
• Language development
• Listening, speaking, following directions
• Learning numbers, relational concepts and classification skills leading to problem solving
• Developing large and small muscle skills
• Increasing body awareness
• Improving eye-hand coordination
• Exploring rhythm and movement
A peek into our preschool classrooms....